Toolkit TopicsDownload full
Here you can see all the topics and sub-topics of the toolkit laid out on one page. You can enter into any part of the toolkit through this page.
Table of Contents
Governance is not the same thing as ‘government’ or ‘management’. It is concerned with...
- 1.0 Understanding governance
- 1.1 The important parts of governance
- 1.2 Indigenous governance
- 1.3 Community Governance
In this part of the toolkit you’ll find answers to these questions, helping to give you...
- 2.0 Culture and governance
- 2.1 Indigenous governance and culture
- 2.2 Two-way Governance
Every group needs to look at its governance at some stage and think about developing...
- 3.0 Getting started on building your governance
- 3.1 Assessing your Governance
- 3.2 Mapping your community for governance
This chapter gives you information and ideas about leadership and governing bodies in...
- 4.0 Leadership for governance
- 4.1 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership
- 4.2 The challenges of leadership
- 4.3 Evaluating your leadership
- 4.4 Youth leadership and succession planning
A governing body must take on planning, leading, organising and controlling for these...
- 5.0 Governing the organisation
- 5.1 Roles, responsibilities and rights of a governing body
- 5.2 Accountability: what is it, to whom and how?
- 5.3 Decision making by the governing body
- 5.4 Governing finances and resources
- 5.5 Communicating
- 5.6 Future planning
- 5.7 Building capacity and confidence for governing bodies
To govern effectively, a community or organisation needs to be able to get things done...
- 6.0 Governance rules and policies
- 6.1 What are governance rules?
- 6.2 Governance rules and culture
- 6.3 Running effective meetings
- 6.4 Policies for organisations
Management and staff performance are as important, if not more important, to an...
- 7.0 Management and staff
- 7.1 Managing the organisation
- 7.2 The governing body and management
- 7.3 Managing staff
- 7.4 Staff development and training
Every society has ways to protect peace and order, impose sanctions and punishment...
- 8.0 Disputes and complaints
- 8.1 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous approaches
- 8.2 Core principles and skills for dispute and complaint resolution
- 8.3 Disputes and complaints about governance
- 8.4 Your members: Dealing with disputes and complaints
- 8.5 Organisations: dealing with internal disputes and complaints
- 8.6 Practical guidelines and approaches
Indigenous paintings often show networks as connecting patterns of circles and lines...
- 9.0 Governance for nation rebuilding and development
- 9.1 What is nation rebuilding?
- 9.2 Governance for nation rebuilding
- 9.3 Governance for sustained development
- 9.4 Networked governance
- 9.5 Kick-starting the process of nation rebuilding